Learn more about each type of session
One Week Sessions (A, X, E)
One week sessions at Camp Lookout offer arts/crafts, overnights on Lake Michigan, sports & games, drama, swimming, kayaking, hiking– all the traditional camp activities. One week sessions give the first-time campers the opportunity to “try out” camp.
Two Week Sessions (B, C, D)
Two-week sessions offer the opportunity and time to participate in more involved camp programming. In addition to all the traditional camp activities like arts/crafts, overnights on Lake Michigan, mountain biking, sports & games, drama, swimming, kayaking, sailing, and hiking, two-week sessions allow campers the time to participate in a camp play, work with staff to develop a camp-wide evening program, complete a large art project or adventure away from camp, into the woods, on an overnight Bear Den trip.
Sail Camp may also be offered during the two-week sessions at Camp Lookout.
Session B also offers special 4th of July programs, including the opportunity to participate, with camp, in the Frankfort 4th of July parade.REGISTER NOW
Super Starters 1 and 2
Superstarters is a three night introduction to overnight camping for seven, eight and nine year olds. Campers will have opportunities in arts/crafts, sports, games, skits and campfires, swimming and weather permitting, an overnight camp-out under the stars on the Lake Michigan beach. Super Starters will participate in activities both in their own group and with resident campers.
Camper for a Day
This is a return of our popular day long “try out camp” session – one day. Campers to arrive at the Lookout in the morning, take the boats to camp, join with our staff (who are in their staff training week) for activities, lunch and snack and are ready to be picked up at the parking lot in the late afternoon.REGISTER NOW
Day camp at Camp Lookout – explore our wonderful camp and wilderness areas while participating in all types of fun camp activities – swimming, paddleboarding, hiking, arts and crafts, drama, sports, etc. This program is staffed by our experienced and totally awesome camp counselors.
A typical daily schedule:
- 8:30 AM: Arrive.
- 9:00 AM: Morning Program. Choose from a number of activities presented, ranging from the adventurous and wild to the calm and intricate. Campers can even plan ahead and present their own activities with counselors!
- 11:30 AM: Choices time. There are so many options for your choices time at Camp, pingpong and endless arts and crafts, hanging out in Ethan’s Net or playing games.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch time.
- 1:30 PM: Mellow time. Campers will be hanging with their assigned ‘cabin group’ in an outdoor area for stories and songs, or everyone might take their own ‘listening point’ time, a reflective and calm practice.
- 2:30 PM: Afternoon Program. The same process as the morning program, but different choices! There’s always more!
- 4.30 PM: Choices time and snacks!
- 5:30 PM: Pick up, goodbye, see you tomorrow!
Learn More about our Manitou Add-ons
Lead by Crystalaire Adventures, the South Manitou add-on adventure is a 3 day trip which takes place immediately following our sessions. You’ll leave from camp on Friday morning and return to the Camp Lookout parking lot on Sunday where you can be picked up, or participate in your 2nd residential session.
A part of Lookout’s heritage – we owned a house on the island for years before it became a national park – we will travel by ferry to South Manitou. Fields and farms, ancient white cedars, and some of the best swimming around are an inevitable part of the trip. Lighthouse tours and plenty of time to become an expert in cooking over a fire come with the territory. A great trip for those who have never gone camping before, or are looking to take early camping experiences up a notch.
You can participate in an add-on trip without attending a residential session at Camp Lookout.